Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Peanut Butter Fingers


These are one of my most favorite desserts! I am obsessed with anything peanut butter and chocolate so maybe that's why :) BUT I thought I would share this yummy easy recipe.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup flour
1 egg
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup oats
1 cup chocolate chips
Mix all ingredients (except chocolate chips) and bake for 20-25 minutes. Top with 1 cup chocolate chips. Return to oven until chips are melted (about 1-3 minutes), then spread to a thin layer. Cool and cut into bars.
A 12x7 inch pan makes thick bars, 13x9 pan makes thin bars.
**They are very good right out of the oven but they fall apart. I prefer to cool them at least a couple of hours before serving them. I think they are even better the next day. ENJOY!

1 comment:

Adell said...

made these tonight, so good! love love love them. and so did everyone else! i will call you tomorrow :)