Sunday, May 4, 2008

Chicken Crescents

This is one of our favorite dinner recipes. They are so easy to make and they taste SO YUMMY! I found a few recipes and combined them to suite Justin's tastes :) He is a picky boy, but I actually like these just the way they are. Sometimes simple is best! Hope you all enjoy these as much as we do.
\
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed/shredded
1 (8 count) pkg. crescent rolls
1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
3-4 Tbsp. butter, melted
garlic powder to taste
parsley to taste
pepper to taste
SAUCE:
1 can cream of chicken
1 cup sour cream
milk
**Mix cream cheese and chicken...then add the garlic powder, parsley and pepper. (I just sprinkle some on, then stir it up and then taste it...I usually do that a couple of times with each, but I like it with a lot of flavor!) Put melted butter and bread crumbs in separate bowls. Roll out crescent rolls and put desired amount of chicken mixture in each. Seal, brush with melted butter then roll in bread crumbs. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes...until golden brown. Mix soup and sour cream (add a little milk depending on how thin/thick of consistency you want it); heat thoroughly.
***I usually have some of the chicken mixture left over so I think you could actually use about 1 and a 1/2 cans of crescent rolls. Here's what I do. I buy 2 cans (8 count) and make as many chicken crescents as I can with the chicken mixture (even if you don't eat them all that night, they taste really good the next day...besides that's dinner for 2 days...but just make sure to refrigerate them withOUT the sauce on them :) then I use the extra crescent rolls for dinner the next day.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

This looks good! I made something really similar to this the other night but without the bread crumbs and all and had a little different stuff in with the chicken. This looks better. I'll have to try it! Thanks!