Friday, May 2, 2008

Broccoli Salad

Since Sarah posted her yummy party pasta salad, I decided to post another salad that I have enjoyed at similar get togethers. My aunt is usually the host of all our family parties and showers and she always makes these same two salads and I LOVE them both. I am sure you all have had this one in some form or another, but I thought it would be nice to have 2 recipes handy, that have been tried and tested, for such occasions. Enjoy!
Broccoli Salad
2 pounds broccoli, chopped (take stems off)
1 1/2 lbs. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 cups mozerella cheese, grated
1/4-1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
1 cup sunflower seeds (not salted)
*Add all ingredients together and then mix in dressing. Top with sunflower seeds.
Dressing
1 cup mayo
1/3 cup white sugar
2 Tbsp. vinegar
*mix together and let set in fridge for 20-30 minutes.

No comments: