Wednesday, April 16, 2008

So I know I am the one who keeps requesting for pictures of the food we make :) and well...I had every intention of taking one tonight, but we were so hungry that we ate it and then remembered :) SO...sorry girls. With that said, this is a REALLY REALLY easy and simple meal (that's all I am really able to do right now) but it is yummy. My mom used to make this for us when we were kids and as we got older she stopped making it. When I got married I remembered back to those childhood days and finally got the recipe from my mom. Justin LOVES it...but he eats pretty much like a kid--very picky :) Anyways, thought you all would enjoy it and I promise it is scrumptious :)

Skillet Chili-Chip Dinner
1 lb. hamburger
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (15 oz.) can chili-con-carne
Fritos Chili Cheese corn chips (small bag)
Grated Cheddar Cheese

Brown hamburger; drain grease. Add tomato sauce and chili con carne. Heat through and stir in 1/2 bag (or less depending on what you like) of the chips--crumbled. Mix together and then cover with grated cheese. When cheese is melted, top with remaining (whole) chips. Serve with sour cream. I also have added tomatoes and chopped onion.

**I usually just dish up the plates, add other toppings, then add the extra chips last because I like the chips crunchy :)

No comments: