Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I guess I will be the first to post a recipe even though I have not cooked in over 7 months :( I LOVE to cook and I especially love to find and try new recipes...so I am very much looking forward to this blog. Anyways, here is a recipe that my sister has been telling me I need to try. I have wanted to for so long and so I decided to share it with all of you and hopefully I will be making this soon.

Santa Fe Chicken
4 chicken breasts
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, cubed
1 jar of salsa
1 (15 oz.) can of corn, drained
sour cream
Shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
*Place chicken in crock pot, cover with salsa and cook on low for 5-6 hours(or until chicken is tender) . Shred chicken and add black beans, corn and cream cheese. Cook for an additional hour until cream cheese melts and mixture is heated through. Serve over rice, corn chips, salad (or combine them all to make the ultimate taco salad) OR wrap up in a tortilla as a burrito. Top with shredded cheese and sour cream.

No comments: